Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mom-in-law

This week was my mother-in-law's birthday. Today is her birthday party luncheon, but I am home because of the weather. ( I'm so sorry, Mom.) I was supposed to share a few words at the party, but instead I will share a little bit here.

Mom is a terrific mother-in-law, the best I could have ever hoped for. She has always completely accepted me into the family and treated me as another daughter. Other people always say she has kind things to say about me, when she could just as easily report all my faults.

Every other week she drives forty-five minutes to come spend time with the kids. A huge craft bin comes along, and she puts up with the play-doh, paint, or sticker mess. The kids love her company so much. Katie thinks Mom-mom's purpose in life is to hold her or fly her like an airplane. One of Joey's favorite games to play with her is "car lot", especially since she is such a patient playmate.

Mom is giving and generous as well. Even now, as she is caring for her very ill mother, a task which takes up most every minute of the day, she still thinks of our family. I am in awe of her hard work and determination; she does not grow weary in well doing.

I really am blessed to have her in my life. I love her and thank the Lord for her.

Happy birthday, Mom.

She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. Her children arise up, and call her blessed...Proverbs 31:27, 28

4 comments:

Kay said...

Awww She's so sweet. I remember when they only lived a few blocks from me. I believe I fed their pond fish once or twice. haha. Happy B-Day Mrs. M!

Musing Truth said...

Defn a blessing to have a great MIL!!

Katina said...

Aw, I love Sweet Sue too! I hope she had a nice birthday...what a great lady!!! :)

Melissa said...

hey I know her!! She goes to the same church as my parents. :) Happy Birthday!!

P.S. I don't really know you, although I know some of your family. So hi!! Nice to meet you. :)