Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Fa-ra-ra-ra-ra...

It doesn't feel like Christmas. I don't know why, but it doesn't. I don't know exactly what Christmas is supposed to feel like, but I'm not feelin' it right now.

It's Christmas Eve day, and I had 2 1/2 brown sugar and cinnamon whole grain Pop-tarts for breakfast and lots of coffee. I didn't get to sleep until around 5 this morning because Katie was up all night. We got home late from Adam's family's (not to be confused with the Addams Family) Christmas, and a very late bedtime seems to mess up Katie's ability to settle into deep sleep.

I did have a nice time last night. We had a very merry Chinese food Christmas, which was wonderful because I didn't have to cook a thing. And because my mother-in-law ordered food to feed about 60 people, and only 11 adults and 5 children were present last night, I have leftovers for 3 days. My sister-in-law Donna brought a peanut butter chocolate pie that I want to marry, it is so delicious. (It really is all about the food with me - I just love food. Adam says it is a miracle I am not morbidly obese.)

The kids received some nice gifts. Katie's favorite of the bunch is the large stuffed Mickey Mouse from her cousin, that she fell asleep holding on the drive home last night. Joey likes all of his things, but really enjoys the little electronic baseball game from his aunt.

Adam and Joey just got home from Wal-Mart where they were doing some stocking stuffer shopping. My stockings are hung by the propane fireplace with care, waiting for a little more stuffing.

Time for lunch - egg drop soup and egg roll. If my fortune cookie is correct, I "love the small ones, but win the big ones" (huh?). Maybe Adam got me lots of good stuff?

...ra-ra-ra-ra.

No comments: