Wednesday, February 23, 2011

quick thinking

So the other day Katie asked me to play dress shop with her.

Dress shop is when she takes a bunch of dresses out of her closet and hangs them on the crib. She is then the owner of the dress shop, helping you find and buy the perfect dress. She loves this game.

I told her she could play, as long as she hung all the dresses up again when she was finished, but that she would have to play with Joey since I was busy with Lizzie right at that moment.

Joey rolled is eyes and muttered something about not wanting to play dress shop, to which Katie replied:
"Fine. I'll play with my invisible friends."

Not knowing she even had any invisible friends, I asked her the names of these playmates.


"Princess, Jessie and...Hairbow."



I have a sneaking suspicion that she may have possibly made up one of those names on the spot.

But the threat of replacement worked, and Joey played dress shop with her after all.

I guess Hairbow had to go find something else to do with her time.

No comments: