Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Good enough

I am so glad I do not have to work my way to Heaven.

I am eternally grateful for the free gift of salvation. What if salvation was because of my good works? I would have to work hard everyday to prove to the Lord that I love him enough, that I am dedicated enough, that I am worthy; and everyday I would fail, fail, fail.

I can never prove my goodness to the LORD, because I am not good.

What a relief to know that Jesus's goodness is good enough. I enter Heaven claiming Jesus. And then spend the rest of eternity praising Him. It is simple and magnificently wonderful at the same time.

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Titus 3:5

It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. Psalm 18:32

That is good enough for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a blessing, all right!