Tuesday, April 27, 2010

this morning

I was so tired yesterday evening. After successfully getting the kids to bed a little early, it was nine o'clock and I was ready for bed. Sleep came around ten, and this morning I am thankful for the early bedtime, since I was up at 11 p.m. with a little girl who said her belly hurt, so I spread a blanket on the bedroom floor, just in case. At 12:30 I was up with a little girl who missed the blanket, but got the bed and carpet instead (and later me.) A little Oxy-clean, new bedding, some clean jammies, and the little girl was back to sleep.

But then baby girl, who has been so politely only waking up once in the night, has figured out that Mommy comes if you wake up twice or even three times. So we had little visits at 2:40 and 4 a.m. I am contemplating rounding up a copy of Babywise and threatening her with some Dr. Ezzo. I'll do it. I'll let her cry. She won't manipulate me! (Or maybe she will because I'm a big ol' softie when it comes to babies crying.)

So this morning, Dora and Diego are teaching Spanish class. This post has been typed with one hand while I hold the hungry baby who woke me up at 6:40. (It is a good thing I find her utterly sweet and ridiculously cute.) The washing machine is busy cleaning up last night's mess. And I think Proverbs 14:4 is the verse of the day -- Where no oxen are, the crib is clean: but much increase is by the strength of the ox. I must remember that these little people are smelly, time-consuming, messy, and needy, but the increase of love and joy they bring to my life is worth it. (And since Joey compared me to a mommy cow and Lizzie to my calf the other day, it only fits that much more.)

:-D

Happy Morning to you!


3 comments:

Katina said...

I remind myself with that verse often! It's a good reminder for us homeschooler moms with constant messes. :)

I hope you all feel better soon and that you get some rest today.

I'm sure Dora and Diego are great teachers. :)

grndmom/pop said...

Oh...I remember those days :( !! Hoping all is well today & that mommy doesn't get it. luv U, mom

Becky said...

It's a big job, isn't it? Some days, bigger than others. You are an amazing mom! Keep up the good work!