Thursday, April 7, 2011

fever and dots

Lizzie had a fever Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and today she has spots--

Can you name that illness?

Ding! Ding! Ding!

If you said "Roseola" you are correct!

So that is what I have been doing this week: tending to a fussy girl, helping a fussy girl with high-spiking fevers get back to bed a few times each night, bringing the fussy girl into bed with me so I could get some rest, taking the fussy girl to the doctor yesterday to be sure it wasn't ear infections, and holding a fussy girl who feels much better today but has grown quite fond of the arrangement where I hold her all day.

I'm a little tired. But all the rest of us are healthy, we managed to do schoolwork each day, and at least it is roseola and not leprosy, which is what the kids keep calling it.

There is always something (well, lots of things) to smile about.

(& feel free to share some of your reasons to smile)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Aw, poor Lizzie. :( That's so funny about the kids calling it leprosy!!!

Here's something that made me smile! Josh C. goes around the house singing the theme song to the old TV show "Daniel Boone." Even if you don't know the song, you can probably spot the wrong line :) He sings it like this: "Daniel Boone was a man, was a big man, with eyes like an eagle and a nose like a beagle." Makes me laugh every time! ;)

Jersey Mama said...

Aw, I remember when the Boogie had roseola. She was just about Lizzie's age. At least now she will start feeling better!