Saturday, November 27, 2010

the day

a white Thanksgiving
The day started with snow. Enough sticky, wet snow for Joey to make a snowman in the backyard with the neighbor boys.

I found the drinks out back huddling together to stay warm.
drinks staying together to keep warm :)

A 20 pound turkey was cooked, carved, and enjoyed.
the bird

I forgot to take pictures of Lizzie eating her dinner (which I suppose is what happens with the third child), but later remembered to snap a few while she was snuggling with Mom-Mom,
Photobucket

and Pop-Pop,
Photobucket

and some with her Aunt Sukaina.
Photobucket

We started dinner with a sweet time of sharing specific things we are thankful for in our lives, and ended it with some sweets.
Photobucket
Photobucket

After that we were left with just enough energy to harass the new kitty,
Photobucket

and form a plan of attack for Black Friday shopping.
Photobucket


I was thankful for the opportunity to cook and host Thanksgiving for the third time in my home. I love cooking and baking and the days leading up to Thursday were lots of work, but lots of fun. Thursday was nice and easy since I had so much done ahead of time and because Adam did all the cleaning and tidying that day so all I had to worry about was the food.

It was a really enjoyable day of family and food, and I am truly thankful.

No comments: