Thursday, September 1, 2011

not over yet



I loved summer.

It flew by.

But I think I enjoyed it as much as I could.

(And at the end of everyday I was so very tired that all I could think about was sleeping. So the blog just sat here; undisturbed, but not forgotten because my husband will often remind me how I haven't posted anything lately.)

Even though we started school in the beginning of August, and today begins September, my summer isn't over yet. Our little pool is still up and providing afternoon fun. The grass is still growing like crazy. And there is still some beach in my future. The official first day of Autumn is three weeks away, and I am happy about that.

The baby's arrival is about 100 days away and I am happy about that too. Happy because 100 days means I don't have to wait so very long to meet her, but 100 days also means I have that many more days to finish up all those things that "have" to be done before it's baby-time.

And I do want to catch up on this blog, only because at the beginning of the year when I was posting more regularly I was excitedly planning to have my blog printed out at the end of the year into a book as a sort of family scrapbook, and if I do that now, the book will have some rather large voids even though the year was filled. So here's hoping that I can catch up. Though as I recall, I was hoping to catch up on the blog when I was pregnant with Lizzie too...and that never happened. Oh, well.


Anyway, I hope you enjoy every last drop of summer these next weeks provide. Love the sun, the smells, and the fresh veggies while they are still around. I know I will.






1 comment:

Tiffany said...

"to meet her"... so you're having a little girl? Congratulations! Do you have a name picked out yet? Hope you are feeling well with this pregnancy.