Tuesday, November 17, 2009

About Bear

Joey and Bear, March 2008

a conversation between Joey and me last week


"Did I ever tell you who gave Bear to Mommy...how you got him?"


"No."


I know I have, but I tell the story again.


"Aunt Donna gave Bear to Mommy for Natalie, when Natalie was still in my belly, at a special party called a baby shower."


"Oh."


"But then Natalie went to heaven...and Mommy and Daddy were so sad. And we prayed and prayed for God to give us a new baby in my belly, because we missed Natalie so much. And we really hoped we could have a baby that could stay with us, and not go to Heaven so soon."


He looks at me with wide, concerned eyes.


"And then God answered our prayers, and gave Mommy a new baby in her belly."


"That baby was me?"


"Yes, God answered our prayers - you were the answer to our prayers! You were the baby Mommy prayed for. We were so happy!...And then, Mommy let you have Bear, because I didn't think Natalie would mind if I shared her things with you since she was in Heaven."


He pulls Bear in close.


"And now Bear is your very favorite, special friend!"


He hugs Bear tightly, and buries his face in the back of Bear's head.


"I am so glad Jesus gave you to me. I love you so much. I am so glad you are able to love Bear."


"Me too."

1 comment:

grndmom/pop said...

and the tear drops fall! I love you Joey ba-boey!! I'm so glad you love bear. I know your big sister Natalie smiles with every hug & kiss you give bear. luv, grandmom